If you suffer from a condition such as Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS,) — or even just anxiety over EMF exposure — simple tasks such as running errands can be tremendously difficult. While we can control, to some extent, the EMF radiation present in our homes, we have much less control once we leave our safe zones.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to better prepare your body for an onslaught of EMF exposure. EMF protection clothing, in general, offers up a practical solution. Wearing protective clothing can help keep nearby EMF radiation from reaching your body, which is incredibly valuable for those with EHS, in particular.
In this guide, we will feature up some top choices for protective hoodies. There are all different sizes and styles available, so there is bound to be something for everyone.
6 must-have EMF protection hoodies
Before we dive into our list, it is important to note that EMF protection hoodies, in general, cost a bit more than what you would spend on a traditional, non-protective hoodie. This is due in no small part to the different materials required to make them. If it helps, think of your purchase as an investment. Whereas you might have 20 different cotton hoodies, you really only need one good protective one.
6. Silverell FlexiBloc EMF Hoodie. This hoodie from manufacturer Silverell comes in sizes ranging from extra small to XXXL, making it ideal for a wide variety of body types. The simple dark grey color is discreet, yet effective. Silverell designed this hoodie with EHS sufferers in mind, following the principle of “as low as reasonably achievable” exposure levels. In other words, they recognize that this hoodie doesn’t eliminate EMF exposure, but it reduces it to the maximum extent possible. The hoodie, as the manufacturer’s name implies, is made with silver fibers interwoven in the fabric. The result is a product that is extremely effective at blocking all sorts of EMF radiation, including that from 4G cell signals, 5G cell signals, and WiFi.
5. No Choice EMF Protective Hoodie. No Choice’s protective hoodie is perfect for anyone interested in the concept of grounding. For those who don’t know, grounding is simply the idea that we receive natural, beneficial energy from direct contact with the Earth. This phenomenon can be replicated using an item with a grounding cable, which No Choice’s hoodie just so happens to have. In addition to the unique grounding ability, this hoodie also zips up fully — and we mean fully. You can completely zip the hood, as well, allowing for complete protection (although admittedly you won’t be able to see much in that state). Made from silver-coated nylon, this hoodie protects against all sorts of radiation, including RF and ELF-EMFs.
4. UrGarding EMF Shielding Full-Zip Hoodie. Created from a blend of 53% cotton, 42% silver fiber, and 5% nylon, UrGarding’s Full-Zip hoodie comes in an attractive sky blue color with a white UrGarding logo in the corner. It has a relaxed, comfortable fit, and the material is soft and warm, in addition to protective. It also features a drawstring so you can pull the hood tight around your face for added protection. UrGarding recommends washing this hoodie before the first wear. While it is hand wash only, it can be tumble dried low without issue.
3. BlocWave EMF Protection Hoodie. This protective hoodie from Blocwave is available in both men’s and women’s sizes, so there is no need to settle for a hoodie that isn’t the perfect fit. The blue hoodie features a small orange, red, and blue Blocwave logo on the front, in addition to a kangaroo pocket for your hands. Made from 50% silver fiber, 45% Tencel, and 5% modal fiber, Blocwave’s hoodie provides 65dB of shielding strength against EMF radiation. It is durable, as well, and can be gently machine washed up to 30 times before it begins to lose its shielding abilities. It is possible that hand washing would extend the lifespan even further, but the manufacturer does not say either way. Still, if you are looking for a comfortable option that is available in men’s and women’s sizes, this is a great option.
2. Halsa EMF Protection Hood. If the typical EMF protection hoodie is outside of your price range, you may feel as if you simply won’t be able to take advantage of the benefits. Fortunately, that is not the case. Hasla’s EMF Protection Hood provides all of the benefits of a shielding hood, but without the hefty price tag. That is because this is literally just a hood — there is no shirt attached. Hasla’s hood is effective at reducing up to 99.995% of EMF radiation exposure and is made from a soft blend of silver, cotton, and nylon.
1. EMR Shielding Solutions EMF Protection Hoodie. Made from a blend of 80% spandex and 20% silver, EMR Shielding Solutions’ hoodie has a remarkable elastic feel that results in a stylish and form-fitting hoodie. With 99.999% shielding effectiveness and 50dB attenuation, it is also highly effective at keeping EMF radiation from reaching your body. The drawstring hood allows for a secure and protective fit across the neck, and the available sizes range from small to extra large. If you live in a warmer climate or you just want something a little less bulky, this is an excellent option.
Choosing a hoodie
Choosing your EMF protection hoodie is not all that different from choosing a non-protective hoodie. It requires you to have some idea of what you’re looking for, what fabrics and color choices you like, and your size.
If the hoodie you chose has an accompanying size chart, be sure to consult it before placing your order. There are few things worse than waiting days for your new piece of clothing to arrive only to find that it doesn’t fit the way you want it to. It’s also important to note that EMF protection hoodies are not always machine washable. The fabric is delicate and can be ruined by extreme temperatures, so understand that any hoodie you purchase will likely require a good hand washing every now and then.
Testing your EMF protection hoodie
There are a couple of different ways you can test the effectiveness of your new EMF protection hoodie. One involves an EMF meter, one does not.
EMF meters are valuable tools that measure the levels of EMF radiation present around them. If you don’t already have an EMF meter and are interested in purchasing one, see our guide to The Best EMF Meters For Any Budget.
Using your EMF meter, find yourself a source of EMF radiation. This could be your WiFi router, smart meter, cell phone, laptop, or any other EMF-generating device that you can put yourself in close proximity to. Hold the EMF meter a set distance away from the item (the exact distance doesn’t matter as much as staying consistent across measurements). Turn your meter on and note your levels. This is a base measurement that you can use for comparison’s sake.
Next, grab your EMF protection hoodie. Hold it against the meter’s antenna or sensor, which is typically at the front of the unit. Staying the same distance away from your EMF source as in the previous reading, repeat the measurement process. If your hoodie is effective at blocking EMF radiation, it will be able to keep a significant percentage of radiation from reaching the meter.
If you don’t have an EMF meter on hand and purchasing one is not in the budget, you can do an experiment using your cell phone, instead. With your phone turned on, note its current signal strength. Then, wrap the device in your hoodie, to the point where you can only see the portion of the screen with the signal level. If your hoodie is able to block all or a portion of the signal, it is effective at blocking at least some degree of RF-EMF radiation. Note that it likely won’t eliminate your cell signal completely, unless the hoodie is able to reduce 100% of EMF exposure. More often, you are simply looking for a reduction in signal strength.
An EMF protection hoodie is a welcomed addition to the wardrobe for anyone concerned with EMF radiation exposure outside of the home. They cover your entire torso, your arms, and, with the hood pulled up, can even help shield your head and neck. Few other protective clothing items offer that degree of protection to such a large portion of your body. If you are looking to buy a single piece of protective clothing and get the most bang for your buck, consider a hoodie.