In today’s world, we are constantly exposed to EMF radiation. Our bodies aren’t given a chance to recover, much less detoxify. Regularly taking steps to detoxify your body may help you to feel better, and lower your risk of negative health effects from EMF radiation. Here are a few things you can do to detox:
1. Get outside. Generally speaking, the further out in nature you are, the fewer EMFs you are exposed to. Regularly getting outdoors provides your body with an opportunity to catch a momentary break from some of the radiation that surrounds us indoors. Cell signals and radiation from power lines are still present, but your overall level of exposure is still likely to be significantly reduced from when you’re indoors, especially if you are able to get out of the city and into nature.
2. Put down the cell phone. Another important step to take if you are trying to detoxify from EMF radiation is to turn your cell phone off, or at least put it in airplane mode. Cell phones produce an enormous amount of RF-EMF radiation, and we tend to keep them near our bodies at all times, meaning we are constantly exposed. Try and spend some time each day without your phone glued to your side. Not only will you be lowering your overall EMF levels, but you may even start to like the time away from your device.
3. Go dark. Many modern homes rely on WiFi to connect any number of devices to the internet. And while WiFi is certainly convenient, it also produces a great deal of EMF radiation. For that reason, consider setting aside a chunk of time each day to turn your home’s WiFi off. Some families opt to do this at night when they’re asleep. Another option is to switch over to wired internet, forgoing WiFi completely. This is probably the safest route, although it’s not right for every home.
4. Try Reishi. Reishi is a type of mushroom that is well-known for its immune-boosting and cancer-fighting properties. It can even help increase the effectiveness of radiation treatments in cancer patients. And it’s also a common ingredient in detox tea. Reishi tea can be purchased and brewed just like any other tea. You can also try Reishi in a powdered form and add it to water to create your own drink. Regularly consuming Reishi may help protect your body against some of the negative effects of EMF radiation.
5. Drink water. One of the best and simplest ways to detoxify your body is to drink plenty of water. Water helps flush your body of toxins, in addition to helping your body function at peak levels. There are many factors that influence how much water you should drink in a day, including your activity level, the climate you live in, and your body weight. On average, however, men should aim for 3.7 liters per day, while women need about 2.7 liters daily.
6. Detoxify your diet. It’s no secret that sugar and other unhealthy foods weigh our bodies down. In order for your body to defend itself from EMF radiation, it needs to be in optimal condition. Try and cut out sugar and processed foods from your diet as much as possible, instead opting for lots of fresh fruits and veggies, lean protein, and complex carbohydrates. To further help your body detox, consider adding in some garlic, turmeric, apples, green tea, and lemons. While foods that are bitter and sour may not taste the best, they are often healthy and beneficial from a detoxification standpoint.
7. Take supplements. Supplements are a great way to detoxify your body, and some of them can even help protect you from the effects of EMF radiation. Ginseng, for example, has radioprotective properties. It can also help detoxify your liver, having been used in ancient Chinese medicine to treat liver diseases. Other supplements to consider for detoxification include milk thistle, cranberry, garlic, and apple cider vinegar. In addition to supplements, consider adding in a good multivitamin containing the B vitamins as well as Vitamin C and E. A multivitamin will help ensure your body can absorb the nutrients it needs from your supplements.
8. Try a juice cleanse. One relatively quick way to detoxify your body is to try a juice cleanse. This may be helpful at the start of your detox, as a way to jump-start your progress towards feeling better. It may also help if you feel as if you’re stagnant or weighed down. There are many juice cleanses available, and the right one for you really depends on the nutrition you need and the length of the cleanse. You can even do your own if you have access to a juicer machine and a lot of fresh fruits and veggies.
9. Take a steam bath or sauna. Another way to rapidly detoxify your body is through the use of heat and steam. Taking a steam bath, standing over a hot shower, or hopping in the sauna are all ways to take advantage of the purifying properties of steam. Your body literally sweats out toxins, leaving you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. While there are no specific studies linking sweat to EMF protection, saunas have been used in Finnish culture for years to boost the immune system, prevent neurodegenerative diseases, and help combat heart disease.
10. Exercise. Another way to get your sweat on is to exercise. Not only does working up a good sweat help detoxify your body, but it also boosts your immune system, helping prevent you from getting sick. If you’re regularly exposed to EMF radiation, a well-functioning immune system could, in theory, help protect you from some serious side effects such as cancer. It’s recommended that a healthy adult get a minimum of 75 minutes of vigorous activity, or 150 minutes of moderately intense activity, per week.
11. Meditate. Meditation is the ancient practice of clearing your mind and focusing on the present. Some people use a mantra, some focus on their senses, and some just try and maintain a clear head. Meditation is useful for de-stressing, something that is often necessary in today’s world. While meditating, try visualizing toxins leaving your body and pure, healthy light coming in.
12. Make your bedroom your sanctuary. When you sleep, your body restores itself from damage done during the day. If your bedroom is inundated with EMF radiation, your body is not going to be able to adequately repair itself due to the constant onslaught. Fortunately, there are several things you can do to lower your bedroom’s EMF levels. A bed canopy, for example, can help shield your bed from EMF radiation if you’re unable to get the room’s levels down. EMF protective paint may be able to further reduce your room’s levels, especially if you are near a neighbor’s WiFi signal or smart meter. And a protective blanket can help further reduce the radiation you’re exposed to while sleeping.
13. Get plenty of rest. Once you’ve made your bedroom EMF-free, take advantage of the space by getting plenty of rest. Allow your body frequent chances to detoxify and take a break from EMF exposure, as well as to repair itself. Try and get enough sleep each night, taking care to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day.
14. Use crystals. Crystals are another way you can protect your body from EMF radiation while also detoxifying. Crystals for EMF protection include shungite and black tourmaline, both of which are readily available at most metaphysical stores and rock shops. For detoxification, add some garnet, bloodstone, or azurite to the mix. You can carry the stones around with you, set them up around your space, or even use them in meditation.
15. Fill your space with plants. There are a few plants that may help protect your home from EMF radiation. Aloe, for example, may help prevent EMF-related damage to sperm in men. And sunflowers are used after nuclear disasters to help soak up radiation. These plants can also have a detoxifying effect on your space, as they help cleanse your home’s air. Fill your space with plants and wait to see how much better you feel.
Here are a few extra do’s and don’ts to help as you detox:
- Don’t start all at once. If you try and change everything overnight, it won’t work out. Add one or two new detoxifying habits into your day, and change things slowly over time. Incremental change is usually much more successful.
- Don’t get discouraged if others are doing more. It can be tempting to compare yourself to others, but accept where you are at on your detoxification journey.
- Take note of how you feel each day. Journal how you feel, and look back over time to see if things have improved. This is the best way to determine if the detox steps you are taking are actually helping you to feel better.
- Do take small steps each day to lower your exposure. Rather than make sweeping changes or focusing on what you’re not doing, try and focus on what you can do each day to detoxify your body and lower your EMF exposure. Drinking a detox tea, for example, is an easy step you can add to each day to help your body.
- Do listen to your body. If any of the things you attempt don’t feel right, try something else. There’s no sense trying to start a habit that isn’t right for you.
If you’re feeling bogged down from the effects of EMF radiation, consider taking steps to detoxify your body. Start small and see what works for you.