From laptop pads to protective hats, there is no shortage of EMF protection products out there.…
*We may earn a commission for purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.
Whether you prefer a good baseball cap or you’re more of a beanie person, hats are a versatile accessory that is both functional and fashionable. They can keep you warm, match your outfit, or simply cover up a bad hair day. And, it turns out, they can protect you from EMF radiation, too.
Of course, not just any hat will do. Your favorite wool beanie or team’s baseball cap probably isn’t going to offer you much protection from surrounding radiation. For that, you need an EMF shielding hat. These caps are every bit as stylish and warm as their non-protective counterparts, but with the added benefit of EMF protection.
Read on to learn about some of the best protective hats on the market today.
10 best EMF shielding hats of 2020
10. Halsa EMF Protection Neck Gaiter. Few things represent 2020/2021 as much as face masks and shields. For the EMF-conscious individual, there are even shields out there that protect against EMF radiation. Hasla’s EMF Protection Neck Gaiter is one of them.
At first glance, this may seem out of place on a list of hats. Neck gaiters, however, are incredibly versatile and can be worn in a variety of ways, including as a headband or even folded into a beanie-style cap. If you’re looking for a functional wardrobe piece that can be used for a variety of purposes, this neck gaiter is for you.
Hasla’s gaiter is effective against 99.995% of EMF radiation. It is made from 100% silver fabric as opposed to a silver fiber blend, like other, similar gaiters. The material is stretchy enough to fit everyone from an adult to a child, and it is flexible and comfortable, to boot. Whether you wear it as a face shield or cap, this gaiter has you covered.
9. FilterEMF Skull Cap. Lightweight and breathable, FilterEMF’s skull cap is designed to be worn either as a stand-alone beanie or as a cap liner– allowing you to stay protected no matter what style of hat you’re wearing on the outside. It’s a great option if you want something discreet or if you already have a tried-and-tested favorite hat that you wish were more protective.
It is worth noting that FilterEMF doesn’t state what material their cap is made from, so if you have sensitive skin, you may want to take note and wear a silk liner underneath to prevent direct contact with your scalp. With or without a liner, however, this cap is effective at shielding frequencies of up to 10GHz, which encompasses most types of RF-EMF radiation (the exception being millimeter-wave 5G). It slides easily and snugly onto your head, staying put for all-day use.
8. Elecare Anti Radiation Cap. If basic baseball caps are more of your style, Elecare’s Anti Radiation Cap is the perfect thing. Available in a discreet, plain black color, this cap goes with just about anything. It is made from a blend of 50% silver fiber and 50% polyester and is effective against RF-EMF radiation. Although it does contain silver, the manufacturer states that it is completely safe for direct skin contact, so no cap liner is necessary. Additionally, it is anti-static, so you don’t have to worry about a head full of hat hair after use.
Elecare’s cap is hand-wash only, and it is recommended to avoid bleaching the hat.
7. Halsa EMF Protection Hood. Some people prefer hoods over caps. For a protective hood without the protective hoodie price tag, there is Hasla’s EMF Protection Hood. The second offering from Hasla on our list, this hoodie is made from 42% silver, 53% cotton, and 5% nylon, creating a hat that offers both EMF shielding and comfort. It’s highly effective against EMF radiation, blocking up to 99.995%.
One benefit of a hood-style hat over a beanie or cap is that this protects the wearer’s neck, as well. And the elastic drawcord allows you to adjust the overall size, making this hood perfect for both children and adults alike.
6. Woremor EMF Radiation Protection Cap. Woremor is a trusted brand when it comes to EMF paint. What you may not have realized, however, is that they also dabble in the protective clothing arena. One such Woremor item is their EMF Radiation Protection Cap.
The cap is available in a variety of colors, including charcoal, olivewood, red, black, and dark navy. It is made in Canada and available in several different sizes, so you may want to measure your head circumference for best sizing results. This cap offers 99.9% EMF protection with a 47dB average. It is made from a blend of 89% cotton, 8% copper, 2% silver, and 1% lycra.
5. RadiArmor EMF Blocking Hat. We have recommended a variety of RadiArmor products on this site, so it’s no surprise that their EMF Blocking Hat would make our list, as well. The outer shell is made from 100% cotton, so it looks and feels very similar to your average, run-of-the-mill baseball cap. The built-in liner, however, is made from a silver-fiber blend that blocks an estimated 99% of RF-EMF radiation. This even includes millimeter-wave 5G, a unique selling point for any EMF protective item.
The hat is one-size-fits-most, although it is most ideal for those with a head circumference between 20 and 22 inches. Each hat is handcrafted and backed by RadiArmor’s excellent customer service.
4. Amradield EMF Reducing Baseball Cap. Amradield’s EMF cap is another offering for fans of simple baseball caps everywhere. The plain black color is basic enough to go with anything, and the outer cotton fabric shell mimics your average baseball hat. The 100% silver fiber knit liner helps keep EMF radiation out, shielding against both RF-EMF and ELF-EMF radiation between 10 MHz and 18 GHz.
This is another one-size-fits-most cap and is perfect for those with a head circumference of between 21 and 24.6 inches. The visor itself extends 2.75 inches for superior sun protection, as well. This hat is basic, comfortable, and versatile — everything you could want in an EMF shielding cap.
3. SYB Baby Beanie. We would be remiss if we didn’t include something for the little ones on our list. Newborns and toddlers are especially susceptible to EMF radiation, so reducing their exposure is all the more important. One thing that can help is SYB’s Baby Beanie.
Available in a variety of sizes ranging from newborn to 24-months, SYB’s beanie is made from 35% silver, 45% cotton, and 20% nylon. This blend combines to make a soft and hypoallergenic hat that is perfect even for a baby’s sensitive skin. And best of all, it shields against 99% of RF-EMF radiation.
2. LVFEIER Wool Blended Force Cap. For those who like their baseball cap to have some kind of logo or design, LVFEIER’s wool cap is available with either a color logo or plain white logo design. Regardless of the logo style, each hat contains multiple layers, including a 100% cotton outer shell, a 30% wool, 70% cotton inner layer, and a 100% silver-fiber nylon lining. The cap is a little on the larger side, designed to fit heads with a circumference of between 24 and 25.6 inches. This cap is perfect for blocking RF-EMF radiation, in particular, shielding against up to 99%.
1. Mission Darkness EMF Blackout Beanie. Beanie lovers rejoice, there is a hat out there for you, too. This Blackout Beanie from Mission Darkness is made with two layers of a flexible version of the brand’s TitanRF Faraday Fabric, which contains a blend of nickel and copper. This blend combines to reduce the wearer’s RF and ELF-EMF exposure. It’s also discreet and fashionable, available in plain black, and able to accommodate head circumferences of up to 22.8 inches.
Benefits of EMF shielding hats
EMF protective gear, in general, is beneficial because it can reduce the amount of EMF radiation your body is exposed to while out on-the-go. We can control our exposure at home much easier than we can outside or at work, where EMF producers such as cell towers, WiFi signals, power lines, and electronic devices are often abundant. Protective clothing, however, allows us to control how much of that radiation actually reaches our bodies.
EMF shielding hats, specifically, are important because they offer protection to your head. Your brain is one of the most vulnerable places on your body. Your skull offers a small degree of protection, but it’s not enough for the sheer volume of EMF radiation we are exposed to on a regular basis. A good EMF shielding hat, meanwhile, is designed to block large percentages of radiation from passing through.
A protective hat can be beneficial for anyone concerned with their EMF exposure. Those suffering from Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity (EHS) may also notice a reduction in some of their symptoms while wearing a hat alongside other protective gear. And in infants and children, whose skulls are thinner and therefore less able to protect them against EMF radiation, a protective cap or beanie is truly a must-have item.
If you are looking for ways to lower your EMF exposure outside of the home, consider investing in an EMF shielding hat or two. These hats offer a way to take control of your health while at work or on-the-go.