When worn correctly, both Bluetooth and wired earbuds offer a lightweight and comfortable way to listen…
The Best Wired Headphones With Mic
*We may earn a commission for purchases made using our links. Please see our disclosure to learn more.
Talking on a cell phone carries certain risks. When having a typical phone conversation, we place the device right next to our faces, often without a second thought. That cell phone, however, is producing RF-EMF radiation throughout the entire duration of our phone call.
There is some evidence that this RF-EMF radiation may be associated with deadly heart and brain tumors, especially when we are exposed over a long period of time.
To help mitigate that risk, it is generally recommended to use a headset when talking on the phone. In today’s world, this often takes the form of Bluetooth headsets with built-in microphones. These headsets connect to your phone wirelessly, and they are certainly convenient. The problem, however, is that Bluetooth is also a form of RF-EMF radiation.
Now, Bluetooth is actually a pretty low-powered signal, so the amount of radiation produced by a Bluetooth headset is still much smaller than the amount generated by a standard cell phone. Some experts reason that Bluetooth headsets are at least better than nothing for that very reason.
However, there’s a good chance that if you’re uncomfortable with cell phone radiation exposure, you may not like the idea of Bluetooth radiation much, either. And in that case, you may want to try wired headphones. In this guide, we will cover some of the best wired headphones with a mic out there.
Wired headphones communicate to their source via a cable, and therefore they produce much less EMF radiation than their wireless counterparts. They do still transfer some amount of radiation from the source to the user, but the overall amount of exposure is still quite reduced. And, as an added bonus, the sound quality is generally better on wired headphones because the signal is protected from interference by the cable.
The 7 best wired headphones with a mic
7. GumDrop Droptech Rugged Headset. If you’re looking for a headset for gaming purposes, GumDrop’s Droptech USB headset is a perfect choice. Durable and affordable, this headset features a built-in microphone, a chew-proof cord, and a flexible, break-resistant headband. Whether you game only occasionally or you’re a serious gamer who spends hours behind the controller, these headphones provide a comfortable experience that isn’t overly bulky or fragile. In addition to being useful for gaming purposes, GumDrop’s headphones are also a great headset for conference calls on your computer, or even in a classroom setting. They are easy to clean, making them a natural choice for computer labs, as well. The built-in microphone is actually a unidirectional boom mic, meaning it is designed to pick up your voice and not any ambient sounds. It is worth noting, however, that the smaller dimensions of this headset mean it is really more geared towards children and smaller adults.
6. HP Wired Stereo Gaming Headset. Tech company HP doesn’t just do laptops and printers — headphones are among their extensive line-up, as well. Their stereo gaming headset features an ergonomic design that is both durable and lightweight, allowing for all-day usage without weighing you down or breaking. The headband is self-adjusting and designed to conform perfectly to your head shape. The earpads, meanwhile, are made with soft memory foam and a bionic protein cushion coat, allowing them to perfectly cup your ears, isolating you from surrounding noises and helping you stay comfortable. These wired headphones are available either with or without 7.1 surround sound, depending on your budget and sonic preferences. The built-in mic is both sensitive and adjustable and can be positioned to pick up just your voice and not your surroundings. HP’s wired headset is compatible with multiple platforms, as well as a PC, as it connects using a standard 3.5mm plug.
5. Elecvelon Gaming Headset. Elecvelon’s over-ear wired headphones feature a built-in mic and noise-canceling technology. The military-grade braided wire cord is tougher than your average cable, and the headset’s 50mm neodymium-magnet speakers are built to put out sound that blows other headsets out of the water. Sounds are fully adjustable, as well, using the inline audio controls. The mic is fully adjustable and omnidirectional, meaning it is highly flexible but you do have to be aware of background noise that may be picked up. The lightweight design is both comfortable and adjustable, fitting gamers both large and small. Elecvelon’s headset uses a 3.5mm jack to connect to your console, and the optional USB cord controls the headset’s LED lights. The headphone is plug-and-play, so absolutely no setup is required beyond simply plugging it in.
4. Karvipark H-10 Gaming Headset. Multi-platform compatible, Karvipark’s H-10 uses a 3.5mm jack to connect to most devices and can easily be paired with a Microsoft adapter (not included) or a 3.5mm splitter (which is included with the headset) to connect to a number of other devices, as well. Passive noise cancellation means you are provided with an immersive gaming experience and the 40mm neodymium driver speakers offer up a full-bodied sound quality that rivals higher-end models. The lightweight, over-ear design is comfortable even when worn all day long. The built-in mic is highly sensitive and can be rotated to different angles in order to better pick up your voice. If you want a quality headset that is compatible with just about everything and that won’t break the bank, this is an excellent option.
3. OneOdio A71 Over-Ear Headset. Whether you’re gaming, listening to music, or watching a movie on your computer, OneOdio’s over-ear wired headphones offer up 40mm magnetic neodymium drivers and acoustic positioning precision. What that all adds up to is superior sound quality without a hefty price tag. OneOdio’s headphones may be multi-purpose, but they were primarily designed with gaming in mind. The built-in microphone is lightweight and unobtrusive, and it’s entirely detachable for those times when you just need to listen. The adjustable slider can easily be altered to fit just about any head shape, and the padded ear muffs help cancel out surrounding noises. These wired headphones with a mic can connect either using a 6.35mm or 3.5mm plug, and they also come with a 3.5mm splitter adapter.
2. JLab Audio Neon Folding On-Ear Headphones. JLab’s folding headphones are available either in Bluetooth or wired, although here we are focusing on the wired model. The graphite and color scheme makes these headphones stand out, while the tangle-free braided nylon cord houses inline controls and a built-in microphone. JLab’s placement of the mic on the cord is different from the typical style of gaming headphones, which usually feature an extendable mic coming from the headset itself. These headphones are made from plush leather that is both comfortable and soft, and they are highly padded to provide for all-day comfort. JLab even offers a two-year warranty and 30-day guarantee, so there is little risk involved if you don’t like them. Overall, for the quality and price, this headset is hard to beat.
1. Kosiant On-Ear Headphones. With a lightweight design, a padded headband, and cushioned earpieces, Kosiant’s on-ear headphones are truly some of the best wired headphones with a mic out there. The 40mm driver speakers provide sound that is balanced across all tones and the over-ear style helps create an immersive environment that is free from ambient noises. The built-in microphone is housed right on the cord, so it’s virtually invisible and unobtrusive, while the cord itself is made to be resistant to tangles and snags.
If you’re looking for the best wired headphones with a mic out there, consider any of the low EMF options on our list.